Hamilton State Bank is proud to support the communities we serve through several community-focused initiatives.
- “Community Matters” is Hamilton State Bank’s initiative to meet the most pressing needs of volunteer organizations in the communities we serve
- Designates corporate giving on an annual basis to key organizations in the community
- Needs are identified by Hamilton State Bank employees who are deep-rooted in the local communities
- Bank employees are encouraged to participate by identifying opportunities and contributing volunteer hours
- Employees are encouraged to participate in organizations that are meaningful to them in communities where they can be most effective
Hamilton State Bank’s financial literacy program, “Credit Matters,” is designed to reach members in our communities who need this information most such as seniors in high school, individuals who are joining the work force or disadvantaged individuals who are making a fresh start. “Credit Matters” is a component of the bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) initiative. The bank has a designated team of financial literacy educators who are available to provide training to selected groups that meet certain criteria.
Subjects covered through ”Credit Matters” include:
- Using a Checking Account
- How to Make a Budget
- Advertising Offers that are Too Good to be True
- What is a Credit Report
- How Credit Cards Work
- Understanding Payday Lending and Title Loans